Oppose Abortion Exceptions Because...
American Right To Life urges you to oppose every politician and law that permits "exceptions" to God's enduring command, Do not murder. Just like regulations do, exceptions backfire for many practical and moral reasons.
- Tissue, Tumors, & Exceptions: What do these terms have in common? Abortionists refer to the unborn children they kill as tissue and tumors. "Conservative" politicians refer to the babies they support killing as "exceptions." And the "pro-life industry" never tries to correct, but actually defends, these mostly Republican politicians even though they advocate killing some innocent children.
- Exceptions Look Like Him: The little boy on the right was photographed in his mom's womb. He's just a little guy. But as Jesus said, "Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these... you did it to Me." For they are made in His image and likeness.
- God Looks at the Exceptions: God didn't care about all the fruit Eve did not eat; nor did He mention all the women David did not violate; nor list the children whom Herod did not kill. God looks at the exceptions.
- Exception is a Euphemism: A euphemism is the use of an inoffensive term for something offensive, such as terminate for murder. "Exception" is a euphemism for a child intentionally killed.
- Exceptions are a Window to the Soul: Many "pro-life" candidates with exceptions never really fight to end the slaughter of the unborn. George W. Bush, for example, kept his campaign promise to nominate pro-choice judges by filling the federal judiciary with judges like Samuel Alito, and he hurt unborn children by telling ABC News that he would not support South Dakota's 2006 effort to end all abortion if it would not make an exception to kill some children. Later Bush still gave no public support even after South Dakota immorally added his "exceptions" to their 2008 bill. So using president Bush as an example, pro-life with exceptions means that he was pro-life "except" when he gave Planned Parenthood more than a billion dollars, and "except" when he nominates judges, and "except" when he actually supports killing hundreds of thousands of unborn children (see the Exceptions Calculator results below), and "except" when he supports chemical abortions, and "except" when he became the first president to fund embryonic stem cell research. (See the summary of G. W. Bush's pro-life profile.)
- Exceptions are What Started the Abortion Holocaust: In 1967 when states like Colorado were permitting abortion six years before Roe v. Wade, Republican governor John Love decriminalized abortion for exceptions including rape and incest.
- Exceptions, Regardless of the Intention:
- make killing unborn children seem more acceptable to the public and politicians, and
- on the surface exceptions undermine the very concept of the right to life, and they
- call upon our own judges to uphold the killing of some innocent kids, and thus they
- turn conservative judges increasingly against the personhood of the unborn, and
- trick pro-lifers into voting for "pro-choice" politicians who pretend to be pro-life, and
- are just variations on Roe v. Wade which itself excepted some kids, and exceptions
- support the killing of many millions of innocents as the next bullet shows, and they
- reduce the God-given right to life to a second-tier negotiable matter, and they
- confuse many on our side who defend some 'exceptions' as actually good, as they
- violate God's enduring command, Do not murder by re-authorizing abortion, so they
- "do evil that good may come," ignoring the scriptural warning at Romans 3:8, and
- can never ever end the murder of unborn children because they
- actually mean, "and then you can kill the baby."
- Exceptions Add Up To Millions of Dead Children: Abortion has been turned into a perpetual fundraiser by the pro-life industry and so there is a vested interest in groups such as National Right To Life to positively portray politicians even when, by those politicians' own policies, they have approved of killing millions of children, boys and girls who were made in God's image and likeness (Genesis 1:26). King David unjustly killed "only" one person, and it turned out that single person mattered a lot to God. The anti-personhood "pro-life industry" didn't seem to care enough about politicians to warn them, as the New Testament says that, "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31). Intentionally killing "only" one child is an eternally horrific crime. Politicians John McCain and George W. Bush exemplify "pro-life with exceptions." The Exceptions Calculator disproves the widespread belief that they oppose 99% of all abortions, for the number of children they have actually approved of killing is staggering:
"Pro-life" with Exceptions Casualty Count (not including children killed by laws and court opinions opposed by these "exceptions" politicians) John McCain Compromised presidential candidate who supported killing 15,469,147 children while in the Senate by his own policies and approval George W. Bush Compromised politician who supported killing 3,340,600 children while President by his own policies and approval
- Exceptions are Not About Numbers, but Obedience: Pro-life leaders never counted the cost when they relegated child murder to a second-tier negotiable issue. As Ambassador Alan Keyes has said about exceptions: "It's the devil's game – Satan would be happy to end all abortion if only he could get all of us to consent to killing one child." God hates child sacrifice, and we must not be willing to agree to the killing of a single child, especially as a sacrifice for the presumed benefit of our nation. We have no right from God to agree to such an atrocity, and when we flagrantly do so, we undermine the nation's understanding of who that child is, created in God's image with a right to life.
- Listen to an Exception named Rebecca: speaking at the 2010 March for Life hosted by the nation's first right-to-life group, Colorado RTL...
- Exceptions for Rape and Incest: The Bible teaches, "nor shall the children be put to death for their fathers." (See AmericanRTL.org/Bible.) Even the U.S. Constitution recognizes the inherent immorality of punishing a child for the crime of the father. For example, by the invalid legal doctrine of "corruption of blood," the child of a man convicted of an egregious crime could not inherit from a paternal grandfather because the inheritance theoretically passed through the convicted father. So, consistent with the Scriptural prohibition of punishing a child for the crime of his father, Article III, Section 3 of the Constitution prohibits "corruption of blood" laws.
- The Horror of Abortion for Incest: Cruelly, the abortion clinic typically covers up the crime of incest by nationwide systematic refusal to comply with mandatory reporting laws for suspected child sexual abuse. And the cruelty intensifies by their typical routine of sending the victim back home to her rapist. Even worse, they often send her home with her rapist, the very criminal who impregnated her and then brought her to Planned Parenthood. Abortion for incest emboldens a criminal to rape his young relative; helps him escape being caught; tempts him to repeat his crime; and is not compassionate because it kills a baby and increases the women’s suffering. Personhood for the unborn helps people understand there are no hard cases when deciding to protect a baby. You don't kill a baby because her father is a criminal. Far from being a burden to the victims of rape and incest, personhood helps deter sexual crime and can save the mother from being victimized again.
- Exception for Life: A Personhood amendment has no exceptions, so what if a pregnancy threatens the life of the mother? The doctor's goal should be to save mom and the baby if possible. The goal should never be to kill the mother to save the baby, nor to kill the child to save the mother. In an ectopic pregnancy for example, we save mom and the baby tragically dies. But our goal should always be, if possible, to save the baby also. Society's attempt to justify killing unborn children leads to absurdities like the exception for the life of the mother in the partial-birth abortion ban. In reality, if the mother's life is threatened by her pregnancy, her doctor would deliver the baby as soon as possible, and never stop midway to kill the baby. The PBA ban itself has no authority to save a single child because the abortionist can simply use a variation of PBA or some other late-term technique. However, the very idea of delaying the saving of a mom in order to stop midway to kill the baby is such an obvious cruelty and deception that it exposes the hard-heartedness of those who argue for such exceptions. Abortion is always wrong, without exception, and should be abolished.
- Moral Questions Never Involve Numbers: The secular humanist utilitarian philosophy, of John Stuart Mills (tragically, as followed by the Southern Baptist Convention's chief ethicist Richard Land), calls for "doing the greatest good for the greatest number." The moral relativism of utilitarianism contrasts with the simple biblical command to "obey God" (Acts 5:29), which never requires solving multiple simultaneous equations to determine right from wrong. God does not ask us to calculate arithmetically the number of possible future positive or negative responses to our actions. Those following Christ would never submit to the criminal who says, "shoot this one in the head and we'll spare those," nor would they support funding the killing of some children to defund the killing of others. Instead of requiring advanced math skills, God refers to entire nations as "children," and gives men commands that even a child could understand. "Do not steal." "Do not bear false witness." "Do not kill the innocent." And don't "do evil that good may come of it." The pro-life movement initially was motivated by Christ but it has become an industry after having been hijacked by lawyers, politicians, and fundraisers. Now, the remnant of the ministry has reappeared within the growing personhood movement, the simplicity of which has become a litmus test showing whether a leader actually advocates enforcement of the right to life of the unborn child! But like adding to God's Word, "exceptions" bring mathematical calculations in to confuse God's people regarding basic morality. However God insists that we do not consent to sin; that we not agree to the intentional wrongful killing of some; and that we not sacrifice some children for the greater good. Such a trade-off is a deception which lurks within situational ethics and moral relativism. The biblical requirement is to obey God and to risk the consequences (Dan. 3:17-18). God never asks us to consent to a Pharaoh or a Herod who plan to kill some innocent children, even if they're going to be killed anyway, regardless of whether such political support might lead to greater political stability or religious influence within the halls of power, or get us a seat at the table, for those "tables are full of vomit" (Isaiah 28:8) says God.
- Rep. Pence's 2011 H.R. 217 Abortion Funding Bill: U.S. Rep. Mike Pence should consider that a Christian would never submit to the criminal who says shoot this child and we'll spare those children. And nor should any Christian defend the H.R. 217 Pence bill that explicitly allows funding of all abortions done for any reason at hospitals, and which also explicitly allows funding of the killing of some children to defund the killing of others. See the predictable outcomes of the Pence abortion funding bill including the many unintended consequences that will occur, not unlike with Pence's hero G. W. Bush who's "exceptions" called into question his alleged opposition to tax-funded abortion that all led to an explosion of abortion industry funding of more than one billion dollars under the Bush administration. Unless pro-lifers return to the biblical principles of the personhood movement, then just get ready for the continuation of "pro-life" politics business as usual.
- The Only Exceptions Supported by ARTL: God calls upon us, and even for the sake of the eternal souls of leaders who kill some "exceptions," to rebuke and warn them, and certainly not to defend their killing of some children for a greater good. We vote for pro-life candidates except for those who support killing even a single precious child.
Please see also our Regulations page, and you're invited to watch online Focus on the Strategy III (or via DVD). And remember, we are the makers of the world's largest protest sign against Barack Obama and the Democrats for destroying unborn children. Finally, if you'd like a 40-year pro-life education in 40 days, in less than one hour per day, then American Right To Life will keep track of your progress! To begin, just click on Get a 40-Year RTL Education!
For more information, email, write, or call us:
American Right To Life
1535 Grant Street #105
Denver, CO 80203
Please donate now to ARTL!