An "exception" is a euphemism for a child intentionally killed. Far from the rape exception being a concession toward ending abortion, the state of Mississippi actually began America's holocaust with this policy, by decriminalizing abortion for rape in 1966.1 2 As a figure of speech, this "exception" euphemism is meant to confuse by distracting us from the fundamental reality of the baby's life. So by avoiding that confusion, we more readily realize that it is never a hard decision to protect a baby.
Sometimes the crime of rape results in the conception of a child. Yet of course it is wrong to kill a baby for the crime of his father. Rape and abortion are both wrong for the same reason. They are both violent acts of agression against other people's bodies. Rape and incest are both rape, so consider first the worse of the two.
Abortion for Incest: Abortion for incest is cruel. Planned Parenthood and other abortion clinics cover up the crime of incest, and typically send the victim back home to her rapist. Even worse, they often send her home with her rapist, the same criminal who brought her to the clinic.
Abortion for incest:
- emboldens a criminal to rape his young relative;
- helps him escape being caught;
- tempts him to repeat his crime; and,
- is not compassionate because it kills a baby and increases the woman's suffering.
Three Real Life Cases:
- Kristi Hofferber, pictured at right, wrote of her own father/grandfather, "The incest was published in 1991 when my biological mother prosecuted her father, for not only the one pregnancy resulting in my birth and adoption, but also for six other pregnancies resulting in five abortions, and one forced miscarry by her father."
- A 13-year old pregnant incest victim suffered an abortion by the hands of Denver's Planned Parenthood abortionist who then "returned her to the custody of the sexual predator, who continued to sexually molest her." One of the sexually abused girl’s parents filed a civil lawsuit in Denver District Court against Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood for failing to comply with mandatory reporting of suspected child sexual abuse law, which failure is systemic at the nation's abortion mills.
- A teenage incest victim was overlooked by the New York Times in May of 2017. Nicholas Kristof wrote there about the Times favorite "Christian", abortionist Willie Parker, whose book Life's Work they praised. An account that Kristof ignored appears on page 32. Parker writes of a teenager (he claims she was 18 or 19) who "had become pregnant through incest by her father... I had no legal duty to report... and [doing so] could make her circumstances even worse." Oh, worse than being repeatedly raped? How magnanimous of him to care so much for this girl. This was before he began killing kids so he sent her off for an abortion. Since he supports abortion also for "rape and incest", this was also before he began disposing of such "evidence" himself. Here at ARTL, we have not queried to find out whether "Dr." Parker has ever complied with mandatory reporting laws for suspected child sexual abuse regarding any of his abortion customers. However, if he is like all Colorado abortionists, and indeed, like Planned Parenthood and the entire nationwide abortion industry, then he has never complied, and instead, as he did with this probably-younger-than-he's-admitting teenager, helped the rapists get away with the crime and then sent the victims back home, either to their rapist, or even, with their rapist.
Abortion for Rape: Personhood for the unborn helps people understand there are no hard cases when deciding to protect a baby. You don't kill a baby because her father is a criminal. Similar tragedies as those described above result from non-incestuous rape. Clinics nationwide refuse to comply with mandatory reporting laws for suspected child rape. In Colorado, CRTL's Leslie Hanks, Jo Scott, and Bob Enyart brought audio-taped evidence of that failure to Colorado's attorney general's office, and Republican John Suthers chooses to look the other way. (2016 Update: The New York Times reports ISIS rapists using abortion to continue their vile war on women and children.)
Trump & Hannity: Abortions for All! An "exception" is a child killed and "exceptions" are a window to the soul. In May 2019 president Donald Trump and Fox News' Sean Hannity spoke against abortion regulations but because they lacked rape, etc., "exceptions". So if they got their way, and the next thousand women who go to Planned Parenthood check a box that says "conceived in rape", unless their policy is completely phony, are they actually going to challenge those women and ask if it was really, rape rape or rlegitimate rape? Their objections are unworkable concessions to abortion on demand.
Another Pro-Choice Rapist: Serial rapist William Costello, pictured at right prior to his violent 2014 death, has been an aggressively pro-choice, politically-active businessman well-connected to top Colorado Democrats going all the way to the governor's office. Rapists as a group are pro-choice, as are others who sexually use women, because abortion entices them to think they will get away with their crime. Costello's DNA linked him to a number of cold-case rapes of Denver women and girls. Incidentally, a friend of American RTL indirectly helped the Denver police capture Costello. Personhood activist Everett Stadig was collecting signatures to get a personhood amendment on the ballot when Costello assaulted Everett and busted his hip. That crime, a felony against an at-risk adult, enabled the police to take Costello's DNA, which then identified him as the cold case serial rapist. During his crime spree, Costello attended a birthday party at former Governor (duty-to-die) Dick Lamm's house. Ironically, in 1967 as a legislator Lamm "successfully" introduced a Colorado bill to decriminalize the killing of the child of a rapist (and of certain others). Eventually, Lamm's own family would befriend a pro-choice political activist rapist, with their culture of death leading even to Costello's violent end after plunging to his death from atop a stylish four-story Denver apartment building.
Pro-life "Industry" Praise for Pro-Child Killing Politicians: By actuallly promoting (Tier 4) politicians who advocate killing a child whose father is a criminal, the pro-life industry undermines the public's understanding of the unalienable God-given right to life of the innocent. The lie of abortion being justifiable for rape is what unleashed the slaughter of the innocents in the first place, as in Mississippi in 1966 and Colorado and California in 1967. Christians will never end "legalized" abortion as they tolerate and even defend laws that further entrench the very foundation of the abortionist argument. So.... Do something good with your vote: Personhood!
- The Bible and Abortion: on Rape
- Colorado RTL's Amendment 62 Talking Points
- Rebecca Kiessling's story and Rebecca's stunning list of others conceived in rape, and women pregnant by rape. And see Rebecca at Colorado RTL's 2010 March for Life:
And while some think that those who defend "exceptions" are referring to "small numbers," see for example the Exception Calculator count of the millions of children killed by, in just one example, the exceptions policies of John McCain.
"The law condemns and punishes only actions within certain definite and narrow limits; it thereby justifies, in a way, all similar actions that lie outside those limits."
-Leo Tolstoy widely attributed
Please see also our Regulations page, and you're invited to watch online Focus on the Strategy III (or via DVD). And remember, we are the makers of the world's largest protest sign against Barack Obama and the Democrats for destroying unborn children. Finally, if you'd like a 40-year pro-life education in 40 days, in less than one hour per day, then American Right To Life will keep track of your progress! To begin, just click on Get a 40-Year RTL Education!
For more information, email, write, or call us:
American Right To Life
PO Box 1145
Wheat Ridge, CO 80034
office [at] AmericanRTL.org
Please donate now to ARTL!
PS: Sherri Williams, after being raped, was pushed to have an abortion. Sherri refused and gave birth to a beautiful girl later adopted and named Bethany. Christians make powerful arguments against killing a child conceived in rape, but there is no stronger human argument than Bethany herself. She IS the argument! Click the play arrow to listen, and you will be STUNNED!
Also, ARTL hopes to one day restore to the Internet the powerful YouTube video from a 2011 Mississippi Personhood Campaign Press Conference. Please pray that we'll be able to find and promote this vitally important message!
Remembering Todd Akin & Legitimate Rape: The "legitimate rape" issue is a Donald Trump and Mitt Romney policy, not a Todd Akin policy. See ARTL's Romney, Ryan, and Akin press release and President Trump's pro-life profile. Not Akin but pro-choice politicians like Romney, Paul Ryan, and Trump are the ones who have this embarrasing problem. "Exceptions" are a window to the soul. It is the exceptions that God looks at, not all the fruit that Eve did not eat, nor all the women that David did not violate, nor whichever children that Donald Trump does not kill. Of course, God looks at the exceptions. U.S. Senate candidate Todd Akin, though he spoke unartfully, was simply against abortion, all abortion. Politicians who advocate killing some children, like Donald Trump, who have an "exception" for rape, they are the ones who, unless their word means nothing, would have to distinguish between a false claim of rape and actual rape. Consider also, regarding pregnancy rates from rape, that a criminal does not follow his victim's ovulation cycle. Therefore the crime of rape must result in a lower than average fertilization rate. Any alleged study that indicates conception from rape at equal or even greater rates than otherwise are a priori false and likely result from some confused pro-abortion bias. Further, by design of a woman's reproductive system, when the sperm enters the womb, the woman's body performs a function that increases the chance of conception. An Anatomy 101 type article at a mainstream pregnancy website, ovulation-calculator.com, explains that the uterus contracts to help propel the sperm toward the fallopian tubes. The physiological trauma from rape apparently can hinder this process and would therefore even further lower the likelihood of pregnancy. Of course though, regardless of the circumstances of a child's conception, she should be loved.